MP for Lae John Rosso was appointed as the Deputy Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea for the eleventh parliament.
DPM Rosso and three other ministers were sworn in on Wednesday afternoon at the Government House at Konedobu by Governor General His Excellency Sir Bob Dadae.
Prime Minister James Marape also announced a caretaker cabinet comprising to run the nation’s affairs while awaiting a full cabinet comprising members of the coalition.
The caretaker are as follows;
1. James Marape Prime Minister, National Planning, Police, Defence and Correctional Services
2. John Rosso, Deputy Prime Minister, Lands & Physical Planning, Housing, Education, Health and Higher Education
3. Soroi Eoe, Foreign Affairs, Commerce and Industry, Justice & Attorney General , Bougainville Affairs, Petroleum and Tourism
4. Ian Ling Stuckey, Treasury, Finance and Rural Development, Labour and Industrial Relations, Immigration and Border Security
5. William Duma, State Owned Enterprises, Mining, Agriculture, Fisheries and Works & Implementation
PC: Lae Open Electorate- John Rosso Dps MP