A mother with her four children in Kokoda were hospitalized after consuming poisonous mushrooms.
The family began experiencing vomiting and diarrhea after about five to ten minutes.
That’s the word from the Kokoda Memorial Hospital Community Health Worker & VCT Counsellor Alice Eroro.
Ms Eroro added that that family could have died from the poisoning if not attended to on time.
“There was no ambulance, so they contacted a local businessperson who helped with transporting them to the hospital.”
Every family member was put on IV drip while symptoms continued until morning.
Antibiotics were then administered which improved their condition allowing them to be sent home after 24 hours.