Police Commissioner and Controller of the PNG COVID-19 National Pandemic Response David Manning today issued 12 new measures which became effective on Tuesday 13th of April 2021 as PNG’s COVID-19 cases rose to 8,602.
These measures will replace all previous measures and now also include the ability for earlier identification of positive COVID-19 cases through the use of the antigen rapid diagnostic tests. This will allow for quicker identification of COVID-19 cases where other testing means are not available to ensure earlier isolation of positive cases and quicker contact tracing.
The new approved tests as per Measure 7, Schedule 1 are:
· Abbot Panbio Antigen Rapid Diagnostic Test (Ag-RDT); and
· Abbot ID NOW Molecular Antigen Test.
The 12 new measures are as follows:
* Measure 1 – Revocation of all previous measures;
* Measure 2 – International Travel;
* Measure 3 – Domestic Travel;
* Measure 4 – Provincial Coordination;
* Measure 5 – Burial of Deceased Persons;
* Measure 6 – Customs Duties;
* Measure 7 – COVID-19 Testing;
* Measure 8 – COVID-19 Surveillance & Testing;
* Measure 9 – Business & Social;
* Measure 10 – Mandatory Mask Wearing;
* Measure 11 – National Public Transport; and
* Measure 12 – COVID-19 Vaccination, Testing & Trials.
Measure10-Mandatory Mask Wearing-13.04.21
Measure11-National Public Transport-13.04.21