Teachers Savings and Loan Society (TISA) today formally commissioned its new state-of-the-art Data Centre.
During the commissioning, TISA’s Group CEO, Michael Koisen said that the Data Centre is a significant milestone for TISA.
“This new Date Centre is a world class Tier Two Data Centre which will provide a resilient, robust, and efficient facility for hosting the critical systems to run our business.”
Mr Koisen further stated that it is also the first and only fire rated glass panelled wall Data Centre (DC) in PNG, meaning the fire-rated glass walls are fireproof and give a full view of the Centre as well.
“This new Data Centre will ensure our members’ and customers information is stored safely and securely and guarantees our members consistent access to services without disruptions.”
“Our new Data Centre will contribute to a positive overall user experience for our members and customers.”
Koisen added that it took them almost a year to finally reach this stage, despite having some minor setbacks during the year, but the team together with the project partners pressed on to ensure TISA completed this massive project.
“We completed all the industry checks and tests – to make sure our new DC is working effectively and I’m happy to say that all have been successfully completed.”
The new DC will ensure that TISA’s Core IT systems are managed in a controlled, safe, and standardized environment leading to smooth operations for all our Banking services without interruption.
It also comes with world class equipment providing backup Power and Cooling supply along with Fire suppression and environment sensitive alarm systems.
“For us, the opening of our DC means TISA is meeting industry standards and compliance requirements set by the Bank of PNG and will quicken our preparations on our transformation into a commercial bank – which I’m happy to also mention that we are making steady progress as well on our transformation.”
Other features of this new Data Centre include:
• There’s two automated backup gensets that will start as soon as the power supply goes off
• Two UPS systems configured in auto failover mode feeding into dual PDUs in all racks in both rows. • Network backups with clustered equipment and backup ISP links.
• Hot Aisle containment with four In Row Cooling units configured in high availability redundant setup which operates two at a time in tandem.
• Highly scalable environment 2 Rows of 6 Racks that has backup interconnection between racks in both rows.
• Gas fire suppression system ensures fire resistant environment.
• Anti-Static Data centre equipment/hardware staging room.
• Dual door Multifactor Biometric enabled Datacenter door access system.
• All equipment is enabled with alert mechanism to send health checks via SMS/Email.
• Online replication to DR site ensuring minimal RPO/RTO.
“This endeavour is not only a milestone for TISA but a matter of pride for the Nation’s Financial sector which requires such world class facilities for its modernization and technological progress.”
“It also embodies the progressive and customer centric path being treaded by the financial sector where TISA will continue to contribute,” said Mr Koisen